Eddy Current Rotary Mechanism to Detect Seam Type Defects in Tube and Bar
MAC Rotaries use the unique qualities of eddy current rotary probe technology to detect long continuous surface flaws which may not be detected by encircling test coils.
- Operate with MultiMac® eddy current electronics.
- Systems with two, four, or six probes, each with its own detector channel.
- Accurate Distance Compensation ensures a uniform defect signal, even with off center or out of round material.
- Choose test headplates for surface or air ride configurations, depending on surface conditions, sizes, and test specifications.
- Dynamic breaking for quick stop of test probe headplate rotation.
- Rotary probes, unlike encircling test coils, are not affected by throughput speed changes such as occur in parts forming, because the probes spin continually around the test material at a fixed speed.
- Operates automatically as defects in the bar or wire create flaw signals, activate alarms, paint markers and other devices.
- Test magnetic and nonmagnetic material from 1/8″ (3mm) to 7.1″ (180mm) diameter.